What is the entry checklist?
Please ensure the following items are included with your electronic and hard copy submission:
- Completed and signed Entry Form [Hard copy and PDF]
- Written concept / design rationale [Maximum two (2) x A4 pages per Award category in hard copy, and Word or PDF]
- Minimum of six (6) x images of the project [High resolution JPEG files]
- Exhibition panel [Portrait A1 sized foam core board and PDF]
Submissions must be received by 5 June 2015.
What is the closing date?
Submissions must be received by 5pm 5 June 2015.
What is the award criteria?
Awards in each category will be based on developments
that best satisfy the following urban design selection
- Relationship to the urban and natural environment
- Contribution to contemporary and/or historic settings
- Environmental sustainability
- Excellence in design
Three (3) independent, expert judges will assess all
entries and short list those which best meet the award
criteria for each category. A site visit will be conducted
for each shortlisted entry by the judging panel. Judging
will be confidential until the winners are formally
announced. Judges may also give merit awards to
acknowledge commendable entries.
Shortlisted entries will be put on public display, including
Council’s website, for a People’s Choice Award. Voting
for the People’s Choice Award will be open to any
member of the public, who will be able to vote through
Council’s website or by mail.
What are the entry requirements?
Entry is open to Registered Architects, Registered Landscape Architects and/or Qualified Urban Designers, who have an approved project within the City of Randwick that has been completed in the past 5 years. Entries must not have been submitted in previous Randwick City Urban Design Awards. There is no entry fee for these awards.
All entries must be submitted in both hard copy and electronic format and must include:
- A completed and signed Entry Form [hard copy and PDF file].
- Written concept / design rationale, including a project description and clearly addressing the urban design selection criteria [maximum two (2) x A4 pages per award category in hard copy, and Word or PDF files].
- Minimum of six (6) x images of the project [high resolution JPEG files].
- One (1) x Exhibition Panel to the following specifications [original panel and PDF file]:
- Portrait orientation
- A title block at the top of the poster clearly indicating:
Name of entry, suburb where the site is located, Award Category entered, project architect and other members of the project team if appropriate
What are the conditions of entry?
- Entry is open to Registered Architects, Registered Landscape Architects and/or qualified Urban Designers, and who have an approved project within the City of Randwick that has been completed in the past 5 years.
- Entries must not have been submitted in previous Randwick City Urban Design Awards.
- Owner’s consent is required for all entries. Access to project site must be made available for the judges when judging takes place, should the project be shortlisted. Exact time and date will be confirmed closer to the time, if the project is shortlisted.
- The judging panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All entries submitted must comply with the requirements outlined in the Entry Form.
- Randwick City Council will not pay any royalties or make other payments to the entrants for the use of the entry materials.
- Entrants must guarantee that they have permission for Randwick City Council to use photographs, drawings, images or other materials from the photographer, project designer, property owner or others as applicable in their entry.
- Randwick City Council is not liable for any lost or damaged submissions.
- Randwick City Council will not at any time publish or otherwise refer to any submitted entries in a negative manner.
- Councillors of Randwick City Council and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.