Stage 1 consultation
What is a smart pole and how might they be used in Randwick? How are people’s working habits changing, and how can Council plan for and accommodate changing trends? When will driverless cars arrive on our roads, and what does Council need to do to prepare? These are a few of the questions we need to consider.
Wireless networks (like Wi-Fi), sensors, real time information, online services, mobile applications, 'big data' collection and analysis, innovation programs, citizen-centric design, and digital connectivity are all hallmarks of smart cities.
Above all, a smart city puts people at the centre, using technology to improve liveability, economic development, and sustainability. It is local community priorities that will shape our Smart City Strategy, so your ideas and views are paramount.
HAVE YOUR SAY
Your expertise and experience will be critical to shaping the Strategy. Staff consultation is open until COB Monday 7 May 2018 and there are a number of ways you can be involved:
Survey: We invite you to provide your feedback by completing the online survey below.
Everyone who completes survey will go in the the running to win one of three $50 Bunnings vouchers. Leave your email at the end of the survey to go in the draw.
Attend a workshop:
We also invite you to attend a small group workshop to share what you think smart cities means for Randwick and to help identify priority projects and ideas:
- Tuesday 27 March 2018, 11:30am-12:30pm at the Matraville Room – Depot (lunch will be provided) – register by COB Monday 26 March 2018
- Tuesday 27 March 2018, 3:00pm-4:00pm at the Randwick Room – Admin Building (afternoon tea will be provided) – register by COB Monday 26 March 2018
- Wednesday 4 April 2018, 12:00-1:00 at the Lodge Room – Town Hall (lunch will be provided) – register by Thursday 29 March 2018.
- Wednesday 11 April 2018, 12:00-1:00 at the Randwick Room – Admin Building (lunch will be provided) - register by COB Monday 9 April 2018
Please register for a workshop by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a chat:
Feel free to contact one of the Smart City working group members to have a chat, or organise a presentation to your team.
Our Smart City working group members are:
1. Stella Agagiotis, Coordinator Strategic Planning (x6954)
2. Anthony Collis, Manager Technology Systems (x6560)
3. Kerry Colquhoun, Coordinator Open Space Assets (x6911)
4. Allan Graham, Coordinator Regulatory Projects (x6970)
5. Oliver Guo, Management Accountant (x6595)
6. Joe Ingegneri, Manager Technical Services (x6928)
7. Rebecca Jacobs, Environmental Planning Officer (Chairperson x6982))
8. Sam Kelley, Sustainability Projects and Reporting Officer (x6229)
9. Karen Lasky, Manager Spatial Systems (x6985)
10. Peter Maganov, Manager Sustainability (x6221)
11. Zaman Shamzuz, Environmental Engineer (x6712)
11. Sandeep Virdi, Corporate Improvement Project Officer (x6575)
Consultation closes 9am, Wednesday 9 May 2018.
Email: email@example.com for more information.
Consultation has concluded